Thank you to @photographybysallyanne for the wonderful photos in our gallery, to @charlotte_phipps_florist for the beautiful flowers, and @marqueevision for the gorgeous traditional wooden pole marquee.
- What is the history of the Ridgeway Barns? The Ridgeway Barns are located on Liddington Warren Farm, a mixed arable and sheep farm which has been cultivated by the Harding and Ford family since 1947. Alex Ford and his wife Becky have a passion for running events, and, along with their family, have previously hosted several successful festivals and weddings at the farm. In 2021 they embarked upon a major project to develop the main farmhouse (completed in 2021), along with three interlinked barns (future project) into a permanent venue. They are really looking forward to sharing the beauty of the farm with you for your special day.
- What’s your approach to weddings and events? At The Ridgeway Barns we are passionate about putting our clients at the heart of everything we do. Flexibility underpins our ethos, and our dedicated team of staff will work with you to curate and deliver the event of your dreams, ensuring a truly memorable day for years to come!
- How much is venue hire? Please see our brochure for further detail on 2023 and 2024 prices or get in touch with us for 2022 prices, which vary by wedding size, season and day of the week. 2023 weekend prices start at £4,500 for intimate celebrations (up to 24), and £6,250 for larger celebrations. Prices typically include three-day access and two nights of accommodation for 12-15, although one-night midweek options are available. We aim to be as flexible as possible, so please get in touch for a personalised quote.
- What does the price include? You will have exclusive access to the venue from midday Friday until 4pm Sunday, allowing you time to set up for your big day, relax with close family and friends, and extend your celebrations into Sunday should you wish. The price includes a dedicated event coordinator to ensure your big day runs smoothly.
- What are your payment terms? We require a 25% deposit to secure your booking, a further 25% 12 months prior to your event, and the final balance 8 weeks prior. See our terms and conditions for additional detail including our cancellation policy.
- What is the capacity of your venue? We have ample space for outdoor ceremonies and marquee receptions for up to 150 people. Alternatively you can choose to have a more intimate indoor event. The farmhouse has capacity for 32 (ceremony) in the drawing room, 24 (dining), and accommodation for 12-15 guests.
- Can we hold our marriage/civil partnership ceremony at your venue? We are licenced for civil partnerships and civil marriage ceremonies, giving you the option of getting married outdoors under our gazebo, or for a more intimate ceremony you can get married in the farmhouse (capacity 32). Unlike many venues we do not charge extra for this. You will need to book a registrar through Swindon Register Office, and advise you do this early to avoid disappointment.
- Can we get married at a local church? Yes of course! We can provide recommendations depending on your religion/denomination, but you will need to make your own arrangements for your ceremony with the church.
- Can I choose my own caterers? Yes! We have carefully selected several trusted local suppliers, but you are free to choose your own. All we ask is that they are licenced and hold public liability insurance, and that you provide us with their details 6 months prior to your event.
- Do you have a kitchen for our caterers to use? A farmhouse kitchen is available for guests staying at the house. For larger events your caterers will need to be self-sufficient. Our preferred marquee partners are able to provide a catering tent and generator, and all our catering partners are happy to arrange the neccessary catering equipment.
- Can we run our own bar? The Ridgeway Barns is a licenced venue, and have our own pop-up bar and fully licenced bar staff who will run the bar on your big day, leaving you one less thing to worry about. If you have specific drinks you would like us to stock, please let us know so that we can make arrangements. We work with some great local suppliers as well as stocking mainstream drinks.
- Can we provide our own reception drinks, wine and champagne? Yes! Please speak to us about your requirements. We charge a service fee (starting at £10 per adult) for receiving, chilling, preparing and serving drinks, and for the provision of glassware. Alternatively you can choose from our wine list and we will arrange everything for you.
- Do we need to hire a marquee? For larger celebrations you will need to hire a marquee. The farmhouse has capacity to seat 24 for dining, and we have our very own stretch tent that is suitable for smaller weddings, up to 50. If you would like a larger reception we recommend hiring a marquee according to your needs, and have plenty of space for large marquees on the lawn. We have a great working relationship with Marquee Vision who have extensive experience providing wedding marquees at our venue and elsewhere. Check out the virtual tour of one of their marquees pitched at our farm at here.
- Where exactly can I pitch the marquee? We have several options available dependent on your requirements, and encourage you to visit the venue to see the options.
- We don’t want a marquee – can we still book our wedding with you? Yes! We can accommodate smaller weddings of up to 24 within the farmhouse, and from summer 2023 will have our threshing barn available for events up to 120.
- Are we allowed live music at your venue? Yes, of course ~ we absolutely love live music!
- Do you have a PA system through which we can play music? Yes we do. Please speak to us about your requirements so that we can ensure it is set up for your ceremony or reception.
- Is there a limit on when music has to stop, or when reception guests need to be off site? Our normal finish time is midnight, with last orders at 11.30 pm, last dance at 11.45pm and guests off site by midnight. If you would like a 1am finish this can be arranged at a small additional fee.
- We’d like to have a BBQ on Sunday – is that possible? Yes! You can have access to the venue until 4pm Sunday so you may invite your guests back for a buffet lunch or BBQ between 10am and 4pm on the Sunday if you wish. If you intend to cater for more than 20 people we ask that you use an approved caterer, and we will provide a bar for your guests. Please speak to us about your requirements.
- Can we have firepits/ sparklers/ fireworks? We can provide you with a fire pit and wood, and accept sparklers at the venue. Unfortunately we do not allow fireworks due to the risk to the farm.
- Can we bring our beloved dog/ horse/ llama? We allow animals (within reason) by prior agreement. Dogs must stay downstairs in the house. A paddock is available for horses. Extra charges apply.
- How do we get to you? The Ridgeway Barns are best accessed by car, and we are just a short drive from junction 15 of the M4; mid-way between London and Bristol. We are located just off the B4192, on the left as you head south-east away from Swindon.
- Do you have car parking on site? Yes! We have plenty of parking for all your guests.
- Can our guests leave their cars overnight? We want your guests to enjoy your celebrations and get home safely so we allow them to leave cars overnight. We request that these are collected by midday Sunday, or by 4pm if you are extending your celebrations.
- Getting home. Due to the remote location, it is advisable to arrange transport home prior to an event. There is no public transport or pedestrian pathways along the road.
- Where is the nearest train station? There are several nearby train stations with excellent links to Reading, London, Bristol and beyond. Swindon station is 7 miles away, while Hungerford is 11 miles away.
- What accommodation is available? The farmhouse and two annexes are included in the venue hire fee and sleep 15 in total. The farmhouse sleeps 11 guests in three double en-suite rooms, two twin rooms and a lovely single room. The Pumproom is a ground floor annex that can accommodate 2 people and can be set up as either a king or a twin. And The Old Stables is our luxurious bridal suite with super king-sized bed and en-suite bathroom.
- What if we don’t want accommodation? The farmhouse is central to what we offer here at The Ridgeway Barns. You have exclusive use of the venue and we include two nights’ of accommodation as standard. It provides a unique opportunity to bring your closest family and friends together to join you in anticipatory excitement while setting up for your big day, and extend celebrations into the following day should you wish. Alternatively, one night options are available midweek (Tue – Thu).
- Can guests camp on site? Unfortunately not. Only guests staying in the farmhouse can remain on site at the end of your event. Check out our directory of trusted partners for other great accommodation options in the area.
- Is the accommodation catered? You have the option of self-catering, or you could ask your caterer or a local supplier to provide an evening meal for your nearest and dearest the evening before your big day. We are very happy to arrange breakfast hampers on request.
- What time do we have to vacate the accommodation? 4pm Sunday, or if you book an additional night of accommodation, then by 10 am Monday.
- We’d like to book the accommodation only – can we? We are very happy to let the farmhouse for family holidays, and in the summer when no weddings are booked. Please get in touch to find out about availability. Prices range from £2,500 to £5,400 for a 3-night weekend. Midweek options are also available.
- What dates do you have available? Please get in touch with us to find out about availability.
- We want to get married on a day other than Saturday – can we? Yes, we can offer weddings on other days of the week subject to availability. However, if you plan to put up a marquee we are generally restricted to weekends due to the time taken to put up and take down a marquee, and the impact on other bookings.
- Are you taking bookings for 2023 and 2024? Yes! Please do get in touch if you are interested in reserving a date. We generally take bookings up to 24 months in advance.
- Can we celebrate birthdays, christenings and other life events at The Ridgeway Barns? Yes! Please get in touch for a personalised quote.
- Do you hold corporate events at The Ridgeway Barns? We have facilities for everything from boardroom conferences to team building days. Please get in touch to discuss your requirements.
- We’d like to view the venue before booking, is that possible? Yes, of course! We encourage all couples to visit the venue before booking to fully appreciate the location and views. Please call or e-mail us at email@example.com to arrange a viewing at your convenience.
- Do you provide a wedding planning service? Lou, our events manager, will support you throughout your planning process for any questions you have regarding the venue, and will be on hand to coordinate your event throughout your big day. If you would like a greater level of support, such as booking third-party suppliers, guestlist services, producing seating plans and decorating your venue this can be provided for an additional fee.
You can view and download our brochure here
Forthcoming event dates are as follows:
Saturday 18th June. Private wedding celebrations for 180, 2 pm – 1 am.
Saturday 9th July. Private wedding celebrations for 26, 3 pm – midnight.
Saturday 16th July. Private wedding celebrations for 100, 2 pm – midnight.
Saturday 30th July. Private wedding celebrations for 100, 2 pm – midnight.
Wednesday 3rd August. Private wedding celebrations for 24, 3 pm – midnight.
Saturday 27th August. Private wedding celebrations for 26, 2 pm – midnight.